Beer Styles: Saison
Aroma: Citrus, pepper
Fermentation Range: 59-95°F (15-35°C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 15% ABV
Pitching Rate: 50-100g/hL to achieve a minimum of 2.5-5 million cells/mL
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew Belle Saison™ Yeast:
- Percent solids: 93% – 97%
- Viability: ≥ 5 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus: STA1 positive
- Bacteria: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 68°F (20°C) LalBrew Belle Saison™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High attenuation and low flocculation.
- Aroma and flavor are typical of Saisons with citrus and pepper notes.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Belle Saison™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 59°F (15°C) to 95°F (35°C).
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation, and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Why Dry Yeast?
Yeast regularly contains under 7% water while dry brewing. Rigid standards of quality are upheld during processing to refrain from microbial pollution. The exceptional strength of dry yeast takes into account rigorous QC testing to guarantee that under 1 wild yeast cell or bacterium per million cells of yeast is detected while brewing.
When it comes to most strains, 1g of dry yeast includes at least 5 billion suitable cells; however, the figure will shift marginally depending on the batch. Please contact us with any questions.