Beer Styles: Farmhouse style ales
Aroma: Clove, pepper, fruit notes
Fermentation Range: 68-86° F (20-30° C)
Alcohol tolerance: 13% ABV
Pitching Rate: 50-100g/hL to achieve a minimum to 1-2 million cells/mL
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew Farmhouse™ Yeast:
- Percent solids: 93-96%
- Viability: ≥ 5 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus: Undetectable
- Bacteria: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 68°C (20°F), LalBrew Farmhouse™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 5 days.
- High Attenuation and Low Flocculation.
- Note: Contrary to traditional saison strains, LalBrew Farmhouse™ lacks the presence of the STA-1 gene, therefore dextrins will not be metabolized and there is no risk of over attenuation and over carbonation after packaging.
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature, and nutritional quality of the wort.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.