Beer Styles: Wide variety of ales
Aroma: Slightly fruity, neutral
Fermentation Range: 50-72°F (10-22°C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 14% ABV
Pitching Rate: 50-100g/hL to achieve a minimum of 2.5-5 million cells/mL
Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
Typical Analysis of LalBrew Nottingham™ Yeast:
- Percent solids: 93% – 97%
- Viability: ≥ 5 x 109 CFU per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Diastaticus: Undetectable
- Bacteria: < 1 per 106 yeast cells
Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 68°F (20°C) LalBrew Nottingham™ yeast exhibits:
- Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 4 days.
- High attenuation and high flocculation.
- Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew Nottingham™ yeast when producing traditional styles is 50°F (10°C) to 72°F (22°C).
Lag phase, total fermentation time, attenuation, and flavor are dependent on pitch rate, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.