Beer Styles: Sours
Aroma: Strong citrus, tangy, intense sour
Fermentation Range: 100-113°F (38-45°C)
pH Range: 3.0-3.5
Hop Tolerance: In lab tests, growth was inhibited at 4ppm iso-alpha acid and 4ppm beta acid
Inoculation Rate: 10g/hL
WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is classified as Lactobacillus helveticus, a homofermentative strain.
- Viable bacteria: > 1010 CFU/g
- Dry matter: > 92%
- Coliform: < 102 CFU/g
- Acedic bacteria: < 104 CFU/g
- Molds: < 103 CFU/g
- Yeast: < 103 CFU/g
In line with Lallemand’s strict quality control and assurance procedures, every single batch of WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests, guaranteeing the highest standards of purity, quality and performance.
In Lallemand’s Standard Wort Conditions, WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch bacteria exhibits:
- Fast pH drop that can be completed within 2 days (typically within 24 to 36 hours). High lactic acid versus lower acetic production.
- Aroma and flavor are citrus and tangy with a hint of fruit.
- The optimal temperature range for WildBrew™ Helveticus Pitch when producing sour beer styles is 100°F (38°C) to 113°F (45°C).
Fermentation rate, fermentation time, and pH drop are dependent on inoculation density, bacteria handling, fermentation temperature, and nutritional quality of the wort.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.